Real-world training for careers in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)
Spring and Summer Terms
Our new Master of Science in Behavioral Psychology program is designed to prepare students for careers in applied behavior analysis (ABA). Students will become highly competent practitioners in this high-growth field, gaining the knowledge and experience necessary to treat children and adults with autism spectrum disorders. Graduates obtain the academic preparation required for becoming a board certified behavior analyst (BCBA) through the Behavior Analyst Certification Board.
In addition to rigorous theoretical study, we incorporate three semesters of practicum. This provides students with the opportunity to begin accruing the 1,500 hours necessary for certification. Students currently working in ABA settings can begin supervised fieldwork with a BCBA in their work settings and accrue hours in their first semester in the program. Students who are just entering this field will receive assistance in finding fieldwork placements once they have completed their first semester of foundational course work.
- A traditional classroom format, which primarily meets in the evening, combined with several online classes in order to best serve the working professional
- Small class sizes that provide for faculty mentorship, close peer interaction, and optimal intellectual and professional growth
- A supportive learning environment and faculty who have exemplary academic achievements and professional expertise
- A scholar-practitioner model which integrates theory and best practices
- An accessible graduate campus in West Los Angeles located just off the 405 freeway
Learn more by completing the form and we will mail program information to you!
Fill out the form below to request more information.
Pepperdine prides itself with the utmost platinum service and ensures that your experience is awesome!- Charles P.
GSEP At A Glance
- Learn: Earn a world class education from nationally-recognized experts with prestigious educational experience who will teach you how to apply theory to practice.
- Train: Take advantage of our professional development training, small class sizes, and flexible class schedules to gain the skills your need to achieve your goals.
- Succeed: The journey truly begins after school ends. Our dedicated career services department and extensive alumni network will make sure you always have the resources to chase success.